We are seeking a Deputy Director/Chief Financial Officer. DURA was created by the City and County of Denver in 1958 to assist in the redevelopment of blighted property and help foster the sound growth and development of Denver. Working with residents, businesses, civic leaders, area developers, and financing institutions, DURA provides financial assistance to support redevelopment activities throughout Denver.
We seek an innovative, process-minded leader to bring “fresh eyes” to the Authority’s finance, housing, and redevelopment operations. As a key member of the Executive management team, this newly created role of Deputy Director/Chief Financial Officer (“Deputy Director”) will report to the Executive Director and have significant interaction with the Board of Commissioners. The Deputy Director will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the Authority.
• An undergraduate degree is required with an advanced degree preferred.
• CPA certification is strongly preferred.
• Significant (ideally five or more years) financial and management experience preferably in a governmental and/or quasi-governmental organization.
• Demonstrated (ideally three or more years) of staff management experience.
• Knowledge of governmental accounting in accordance with GAAP, Government Accounting Standards, OMB Circulars A-133, A-100 and A-122, CDBG program regulations and compliance requirements, and appropriate Code of Federal Regulations sections.
• Demonstrated knowledge of public financing processes.
Detailed position specifications are available by clicking the link below:
To apply please send your resume to Connie at email@example.com